In addition, our national body (Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches of Canada) has the following Statement of Faith.
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God; that the 66 books, as originally written, comprising the Old & New Testament were verbally inspired by the Spirit of God and were entirely free from error, that the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice and the true basis of Christian union.
GOD We believe in one God, creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
CHRIST We believe in the absolute and essential deity of Jesus Christ, in His eternal existence with the Father in pre-incarnate glory, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return.
HOLY SPIRIT We believe in the absolute and essential deity and personality of the Holy Spirit; who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgement; Who regenerates, sanctifies, illuminates, and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ.
SATAN We believe Satan exists as an evil personality, the originator of sin, the archenemy of God and man.
MAN We believe that man was divinely created in the image of God; that he sinned, becoming guilty before God, resulting in total depravity, thereby incurring physical and spiritual death.
SALVATION We believe that salvation is by the sovereign, electing grace of God; that by the appointment of the Father, Christ voluntarily suffered a vicarious, expiatory & propitiatory death; that justification is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice & resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and that those whom God has effectually called shall be divinely preserved and finally perfected in the image of the Lord.
FUTURE THINGS We believe in the personal, bodily & glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ; in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; in the eternal blessedness of the redeemed and in the judgement and conscious, eternal punishment of the wicked.
LOCAL CHURCH We believe that a church is a company of immersed believers, called out from the world, separated unto the Lord Jesus, voluntarily associated for the ministry of the Word, the mutual edification of its members, the propagation of the faith & the observance of the ordinances. We believe it is a sovereign, independent body, exercising its own divinely awarded gifts, precepts, & privileges under the Lordship of Christ, the Great Head of the church. We believe that its officers are pastors and deacons.
Vision Statement: CFBC seeks to be a multigenerational, multiethnic church that glorifies God as we “make disciples of the nations”. We do this by:
1. Gospel-centered: That which binds us together, that which builds us up as believers, that which we proclaim to the world is the pure gospel message, “that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures” (I Cor 15:3,4).
2. Biblically-based teaching: Disciples are those who are taught and thus we endeavour to teach the Scriptures and to teach them faithfully, rightly, authoritatively. Our preaching is expository, always seeking to explain and proclaim the message of the text.
3. Relational discipleship: Discipleship takes place through teaching, but it also takes place in the context of relationships, even as the Lord Jesus lived with and walked with the Twelve.
4. Prayer: One God-ordained means by which He works and carries out His purposes is through the prayers of His people. Everything that we do in Christ’s name is to be bathed in prayer.
5. Community: As believers we are united to Christ and brought into God’s family and therefore, we are also bound together as brothers and sisters in Christ. We desire that by living life together at CFBC, we shall display the depths of those bonds.
6. Everyone serving in accordance with their gifting: All believers are gifted for service (I Cor 12:7; Eph 4:7) and are called to serve (Rom 12:6-8). CFBC values being a fellowship where each believer serves joyfully in the particular ways that God has called and gifted them.