In addition, our national body (Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches of Canada) has the following Statement of Faith.
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God; that the 66 books, as originally written, comprising the Old & New Testament were verbally inspired by the Spirit of God and were entirely free from error, that the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice and the true basis of Christian union.
GOD We believe in one God, creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
CHRIST We believe in the absolute and essential deity of Jesus Christ, in His eternal existence with the Father in pre-incarnate glory, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return.
HOLY SPIRIT We believe in the absolute and essential deity and personality of the Holy Spirit; who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgement; Who regenerates, sanctifies, illuminates, and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ.
SATAN We believe Satan exists as an evil personality, the originator of sin, the archenemy of God and man.
MAN We believe that man was divinely created in the image of God; that he sinned, becoming guilty before God, resulting in total depravity, thereby incurring physical and spiritual death.
SALVATION We believe that salvation is by the sovereign, electing grace of God; that by the appointment of the Father, Christ voluntarily suffered a vicarious, expiatory & propitiatory death; that justification is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice & resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and that those whom God has effectually called shall be divinely preserved and finally perfected in the image of the Lord.
FUTURE THINGS We believe in the personal, bodily & glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ; in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; in the eternal blessedness of the redeemed and in the judgement and conscious, eternal punishment of the wicked.
LOCAL CHURCH We believe that a church is a company of immersed believers, called out from the world, separated unto the Lord Jesus, voluntarily associated for the ministry of the Word, the mutual edification of its members, the propagation of the faith & the observance of the ordinances. We believe it is a sovereign, independent body, exercising its own divinely awarded gifts, precepts, & privileges under the Lordship of Christ, the Great Head of the church. We believe that its officers are pastors and deacons.
Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our saviour, and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, we do now, in the presence of God, angels and this assembly most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another, as one body in Christ.
WE ENGAGE therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit:
1. To walk together in Christian love.
2. To strive for the advancement of this church in knowledge, holiness and in love.
3. To promote its prosperity and spirituality.
4. To sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines.
5. To contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of its ministry and general expenses, the relief of the poor and the spread of the gospel among all nations.
We ALSO ENGAGE:
1. To maintain family and personal devotions
2. To religiously educate our children
3. To seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances
4. To walk circumspectly in the world, to be just in our dealings.
5. To avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger.
6. To refrain from anything that would bring reproach upon the cause of Christ.
7. To be zealous in our efforts to advance the Kingdom of our Lord.
We FURTHER ENGAGE
1. To watch over one another in brotherly love.
2. To remember each other in prayer.
3. To aid each other in sickness and distress.
4. To cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech.
5. To be slow to take offence, but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the Rules of our Saviour to secure it without delay.