We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God; that the sixty-six books, as originally written, comprising the Old and New Testaments were verbally inspired by the Spirit of God and were entirely free from error; that the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice and the true basis of Christian union.
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the absolute and essential deity of Jesus Christ, in His eternal existence with the Father in pre-incarnate glory, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return.
THE HOLY SPIRIT
We believe in the absolute and essential deity and personality of the Holy Spirit Who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgment; Who regenerates, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ.
We believe that Satan exists as an evil personality, the originator of sin, the archenemy of God and man.
We believe that man was divinely created in the image of God; that he sinned, becoming guilty before God, resulting in total depravity, thereby incurring physical and spiritual death.
We believe that salvation is by the sovereign, electing grace of God; that by the appointment of the Father, Christ voluntarily suffered a vicarious, expiatory and propitiatory death; that justification is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and that those whom God has effectually called shall be divinely preserved and finally perfected in the image of the Lord.
We believe in the personal, bodily and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ; in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; in the eternal blessedness of the redeemed and in the judgment and conscious, eternal punishment of the wicked.
THE LOCAL CHURCH
We believe that a church is a company of immersed believers, called out from the world, separated unto the Lord Jesus, voluntarily associated for the ministry of the Word, the mutual edification of its members, the propagation of the faith and the observance of the ordinances. We believe it is a sovereign, independent body, exercising its own divinely awarded gifts, precepts and privileges under the Lordship of Christ, the Great Head of the church. We believe that its officers are pastors and deacons.
We believe that there are only two ordinances for the church regularly observed in the New Testament in the following order:
- Baptism, which is the immersion of the believer in water, whereby he obeys Christ’s command and sets forth his identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.
- The Lord’s Supper, which is the memorial wherein the believer partakes of the two elements, bread and wine, which symbolize the Lord’s body and shed blood, proclaiming His death until He comes.
THE CHURCH AND STATE
We believe in the entire separation of church and state.
We believe in religious liberty; that every man has the right to practise and propagate his beliefs.
THE LORD'S DAY
We believe that the first day of the week is the Lord’s day and that, in a special sense, it is the divinely appointed day for worship and spiritual exercise.
We believe that civil government is of divine appointment for the interest and good order of society; that magistrates are to be prayed for, conscientiously honoured and obeyed, except only in the things opposed to the will of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who is the only Lord of the conscience and Prince of the kings of the earth.
Cranbrook Fellowship Baptist Church also has Mission, Vision and Values Statements:
Our Mission: Proclaiming Christ for the Glory of Christ"
CFBC seeks to be a multigenerational, multiethnic church that glorifies God as we “make disciples of the nations”. We do this by: Proclaiming to the unsaved the pure Christ-centered gospel; Expounding the whole Scriptures that believers might be built up in Christ; Sending, giving and going that the gospel might go forth to the ends of the earth; Extending our caring and committed community into the Cranbrook community through loving acts of service.
1. Gospel-centered: That which binds us together, that which builds us up as believers, that which we proclaim to the world is the pure gospel message, “that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures” (I Cor 15:3,4).
2. Biblically-based teaching: Disciples are those who are taught and thus we endeavour to teach the Scriptures and to teach them faithfully, rightly, authoritatively. Our preaching is expository, always seeking to explain and proclaim the message of the text.
3. Relational discipleship: Discipleship takes place through teaching, but it also takes place in the context of relationships, even as the Lord Jesus lived with and walked with the Twelve.
4. Prayer: One God-ordained means by which He works and carries out His purposes is through the prayers of His people. Everything that we do in Christ’s name is to be bathed in prayer.
5. Community: As believers we are united to Christ and brought into God’s family and therefore, we are also bound together as brothers and sisters in Christ. We desire that by living life together at CFBC, we shall display the depths of those bonds.
6. Everyone serving in accordance with their gifting: All believers are gifted for service (I Cor 12:7; Eph 4:7) and are called to serve (Rom 12:6-8). CFBC values being a fellowship where each believer serves joyfully in the particular ways that God has called and gifted them.